About the Position:
Hooked On Code is hiring an Agency Admin. For a point of reference, this position can also be called an Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, or Office Coordinator position. This is a part-time hourly position paying $14/hour with expected hours between 10-20 hours per week with a 4 month timeline. After 4 months, the position’s job responsibilities and hours will be re-evaluated based on then current agency needs. This position is remote.
The mission of this job is to take the daily administrative tasks off of other team members’ plates, allowing them to focus on their primary job roles and allowing the agency to become more efficient and profitable.
About Hooked On Code:
Hooked On Code is a boutique website agency specializing in building WordPress websites using the Divi theme for small businesses, entrepreneurs, progressive churches, and technology companies.
A remote agency in the Central time zone, team members work from their preferred location and participate in meetings via Zoom, and communicate internally with Slack.
At our small agency, all team members are considered ‘website designers,’ meaning while you have your dedicated area of expertise and responsibility, we encourage involvement and feedback on our primary service which is website design.
Agency Core Values:
Simplicity, Kindness, Relentless Forward Motion, Excitement, Delight
- Monitor email accounts for the agency including team member emails and admin, support, hello emails, clean out junk, move tasks to Asana or ticketing system, and respond to new project inquiries quickly.
- Keep email inboxes clean, respond to those that need responses, add tasks for team members when emails need action, bring attention to crucial / urgent emails.
- Creating processes for repetitive tasks to build out company process manual
- Attend team daily standup meetings
- Attend team strategy meetings and internal project brainstorm sessions as needed
- Have knowledge of client list which is housed in our digital Client Directory, to allow proper communication and response to specific clients.
- Prepare contracts for new projects by filling in contract templates
- Add project meetings to admin calendar and invite team members and clients
- Prepare agendas for upcoming client review meetings
- Attend project review meetings for the purpose of taking notes on action items and questions
- Send followup emails to clients after review meetings with action items and questions
- Sending feedback surveys and request for reviews to clients after project launch
- Assist team members with managing their tasks by putting action items into Asana with due dates
- Prepare project launch documents for clients including relevant website and login information
- Gather content for and draft weekly newsletter 5 Things Friday
Requirements & Skills:
- Extremely organized
- Experience as an executive of administrative assistant
- Comfortable with remote work tools and technology in general
- Customer service experience required
- Have a personal core value of KINDNESS
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Be a team player, meaning be overly collaborative and quick to ask for help
- Must love organization
- Value efficiency and be action-oriented
- High self-accountability
- Ability to listen and learn new concepts quickly
- Sincere interest in the website/technology industry
- Flexibility as new tools and systems are implemented
- Can-do positive attitude
- Value constant self-improvement and continuing education
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with little direction
- Integrity required: Willingness to try, make mistakes, admit mistakes, ask for help, and show respect
- Plucky sense of humor required
Agency Tools used:
(experience with all except the last 3 is desired)
- Google Drive
- Google Calendar
- Freshdesk Ticketing System
- Divi Theme
- WP Engine hosting
Bring Your Own Device & Internet
This is a bring your own device position. We are a technology company that uses Apple technology. To be considered for this position you must have a computer (laptop or desktop) that fits the below requirements:
- Ideal but not required: Mac OSX version 10 or higher
- Have 8GB RAM or more
- 2.3GHz processor
- 256GB hard drive or more
- Applicant must also have high-speed internet at their work station
Must be available to perform work during business hours (9:30-5:30pm Central Time).